Family Album

6.08.2009

OUR SECOND 5K RACE!!!!! Race For The Red!

Well, Morgan and I decided to start running seriously since it's become a fun hobby we can do together as a family (I'm so lucky Nixon likes running along with me in the stroller in the mornings:)!!! I wanted us to find something fun we can do for the rest of our lives together:)wakeboarding won't last forever! We did our first 5k not too long ago and LOVED it so much that we couldn't wait for the next one! I couldn't believe the feeling after finishing the race, the endorphins I released were seriously awesome! I couldn't stop jumping around and felt like a little kid full of energy, I told a lot of my friends and family and wanted them to run too:) Morgan still teases me for that, but it was such an exhilarating feeling I wanted to share it and everyone to have it too!!!
The first race we did was for research on Autism! I love that we can do something we enjoy and help a charity in need at the same time! WE WILL NOW BE DOING MANY MORE RACES AS WE TRAIN FOR A HALF MARATHON SOMETIME, AHHHHHH!!! WISH US LUCK and if anyone wants to run a 5k with us pretty soon, probably sometime in July or Aug.,let us know, we'd love you to join us!!!!:):):) This race for the red was such a fun thing to be a part of too, especially seeing some of the people with real heart conditions participating and changing their lives! It's so motivational to be running for a cause and knowing 100% of the proceeds are going toward the research and in this case cures for heart disease!!!
Right after the race, it was such a perfect day and here we are after we turned our numbers in! We placed pretty good especially since there were hills I wasn't expecting:) it was along the river trail in Provo, I love running near water and thanks to Morgan staying right with me the whole time and not going ahead,we always finish together, which is fun, such a nice husband:) soon I know he won't have to go ANY slower for me:):) I'm catching up pretty fast:):)!

3 comments:

KACI JOHNSON said...

Congrats!! What a great thing for you guys to do together. I wish devin and I could run together, but devin has bad knees. Maybe I'll join you sometime once I start running!! Would you ever run a race and push nixon at the same time?

Fisher Family said...

Hi this is Linda, Andrew's mom. I know it can be confusing since Annie and Andrew are the Fisher Family too. Congratulations on your races! That is so awesome! Nixon is getting so big, its fun to see the pictures of him and your cute family! Looks like your family is staying busy and doing good! Say hi to Morgan.

Brie, Bill, and Tate said...

Ju-Ju!! I am so excited for you guys that you found running! It is the most amazing feeling ever after you finish a race...I couldn't agree with you more! I always tell Bill that if people would just run every day the world would be such a more peaceful amazing place. :-) I can't wait for Tate to get here so that I can start running again and bring him with!! I am so happy for you both and I hope that one day we can all run a race together...It would be SOO much fun! Love you all so much and we hope to see you soon!!!